Disclaimer: By reading this blog, you may be subjected my ideas of what is "cool", stupid things that I want, obnoxious comments I may make about any given number of things, or deranged thoughts that creep out of my awkward brain. Just letting you know ahead of time.

Friday, January 21, 2011

Do It Yourself: Powdered Sugar!

Who even knew you could make your own powdered sugar? Not me, that's for damn sure!





You'll need the following:


High Speed Blender
Granulated Sugar
Corn Starch


With my particular blender, I have to make small batches of powdered sugar, because I've found that the more sugar I put in the blender, the less "powdered" it becomes. I usually drop about 1/3c sugar into the blender with 1-2 tsp of corn starch. Blend together for about 30 seconds. Let the "sugar smoke" settle before taking the lid off the blender. Reach in and touch the consistency of the sugar. If it feels gritty still, blend until the final product comes out smooth. I usually have to blend 3-4 times before getting the powdery consistency. I transfer it to a glass jar and keep it for all my baking needs! This really is exactly how companies like Domino make powdered sugar, it's absolutely no different than regular powdered sugar from the store. It just costs less! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment