Disclaimer: By reading this blog, you may be subjected my ideas of what is "cool", stupid things that I want, obnoxious comments I may make about any given number of things, or deranged thoughts that creep out of my awkward brain. Just letting you know ahead of time.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Moss Art

I just stumbled upon an absolutely fascinating form of art I never, ever would have considered.

Moss Art.


Don't you want in on this green-art-goodness? Why yes, of course you do. Follow the instructions below!

You'll need:

Blender
3 Handfuls of Moss
3 cups lukewarm water
1/2 c buttermilk or yogurt
Bucket
Brush
Spray bottle

Combine the moss and water in the blender.  Add milk or yogurt. Blend until a gel forms. Transfer it to a bucket and proceed to your canvas of choice. (It appears that concrete or wood is recommended.) Apply the moss in any fashion you choose. Mist your creation once a week and watch it grow!

HOW FREAKING AWESOME IS THAT!!?

2 comments:

  1. SO awesome!!! i want to try and get people to let me do it on our apartment building!! yano, when it's not covered in ice, that is. i love reading your blog valerie!

    ReplyDelete