Disclaimer: By reading this blog, you may be subjected my ideas of what is "cool", stupid things that I want, obnoxious comments I may make about any given number of things, or deranged thoughts that creep out of my awkward brain. Just letting you know ahead of time.

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Tasting the Vodka Rainbow

Christmas was very homemade this year. I found a tutorial online on infusing vodka with Skittles.

You will need:

-A huge bag of Skittles
-Five separate bottles
-A large bottle of quality vodka

I deposited 80 Skittles of each flavor in each bottle. I used 8 oz of vodka in each 10 oz bottles. Seal it up tight and shake, shake, shake!

I let my bottles sit around for a few days, but you can do the next step as soon as the Skittles are completely dissolved. There will be a white funk floating in the top of each bottle. I think this is the xanthum gum.

The funky white shit must be strained out or otherwise removed. I put a wire sieve over a 4 cup measuring cup (with a convenient pour spout) and placed a coffee filter in it. Pour the contents of the bottle slowly out through the filter and sieve. (You may need to change the coffee filter out due to cloggage.)

Rinse out bottle and pour vodka back into bottle. Seal tightly.

Repeat this with each bottle. You can even filter the vodka through a water filter before or after Skittling.

I gifted mine with a tag on each one with a different recommendation on how to enjoy them. Sprite, club soda, tonic water...On the rocks, in a cocktail, or shots!

Enjoy!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

2 comments:

  1. oh man how cute. i want i want i want! even the bottles look amazing lol. any idea how long they last? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam! You found my blog! <3

    I would imagine they last pretty long, considering candy lasts forever, and vodka lasts forever...that's just my assumption, though! Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete