Disclaimer: By reading this blog, you may be subjected my ideas of what is "cool", stupid things that I want, obnoxious comments I may make about any given number of things, or deranged thoughts that creep out of my awkward brain. Just letting you know ahead of time.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Leaving the Big Easy

Saying goodbye to New Orleans was a feat for me. Life, love, happiness, friends, family, food, music, charm, characters…how do you say goodbye to all those things? Saying farewell became a teensie bit easier once I decided I’d return in the fall.
Wednesday afternoon I got into Lake Charles, Louisiana to visit my dear friend Sam. The evening before was filled with hugs, kisses, and so long’s. The hardest people to say goodbye to came on Wednesday morning, when I made a special pass by the brewery to say goodbye. They had become like my family, and saying adios to them was like cutting the umbilical cord. For days, to get out of the sun, rain, and heat, I found myself there, working hard and loving every minute of it.
It was wonderful to see Sam and Richie again. I surely wish they weren’t so far away. They are some of the best folks I’ve ever been lucky enough to meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment