Disclaimer: By reading this blog, you may be subjected my ideas of what is "cool", stupid things that I want, obnoxious comments I may make about any given number of things, or deranged thoughts that creep out of my awkward brain. Just letting you know ahead of time.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

THE GINGER MAN!


THE GINGER MAN!!!!
FUCKING PARADISE!
This bar had 87 beers on draft. Uh, beer heaven? Why, yes! A super cool chill place, too. I met some cool fellas outside, one of them showed me a bad ass drum solo on youtube by a 12 year old kid. They ended up buying me a beer, one of which I was really hoping to try, 512 Pecan Porter. I’m gonna go ahead and say that this is my favorite beer I was able to try in Austin.
512 PECAN PORTER - A deep, dark, almost black beer. Rich and flavorful. Amazing, almost smoky, sweet aroma. Pecan flavor is absolutely evident. There are notes of coffee, also lots of mild chocolate flavor. I actually had a few of these while I was in Texas - it’s that amazing of a beer!
JESTER KING WYTCHMAKER RYE IPA - This IPA is brewed with rye, which happens to compliment the hop flavors extremely well. It’s a medium bodied, smooth beer with notes of grapefruit and other fruity flavors. Also noticed some notes of pine flavor. Copper in color, with a standard IPA aroma. I really enjoyed this - I was glad the bartender recommended it to me!!

LIVE OAK HEFEWEIZEN - This beer itself was pleasant and enjoyable - it was a very light, cloudy lemony color. Not much on the front of head retention - it all seemed to dissolve away pretty quickly. It had a good flavor, with notes of clove, some other spices, lots of wheat flavor, and even some fruit notes at the finish. It had a nice, light body, and lots of carbonation. It was drinkable and refreshing.







The Ginger Man is my new favorite bar. I wish I could live there! The bar itself is loaded with sofas, tables, only a couple of tvs thankfully, and lots of good conversation. I’m so glad I made it over there!

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah I love the Ginger Man. Are you talking about the one in Austin or one of the others? I was at the one in Austin just today and I had a pint of that Live Oak Hefeweizen. I was a little underwhelmed; I love their amber and it set my expectations pretty high but this weizen was kinda so-so. That Pecan Porter, now, I had it a couple weeks ago for the first time and that's a pretty good one! If you're interested, check out Barley Buddy for my review of the Live Oak Hefeweizen or the 512 Pecan Porter is also doing pretty good with 7 positive ratings.

    ReplyDelete