Disclaimer: By reading this blog, you may be subjected my ideas of what is "cool", stupid things that I want, obnoxious comments I may make about any given number of things, or deranged thoughts that creep out of my awkward brain. Just letting you know ahead of time.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Another Reason to Love The Arm & Hammer

If you are one of the unfortunate souls, like me, who suffers from at least one urinary tract infection (UTI) a year, this is some very interesting, valuable information! I am not one to run to the doctor for ANYTHING if I don't absolutely, positively have to, so this just happened to be a fantastic solution to my ridiculous uncomfortable problem.



We all know how awesome baking soda is. It's great for whitening teeth, cleaning, baking, and now....treating a UTI!

I started feeling symptoms of a UTI a couple of days ago. I jumped online, looked up natural cures for a UTI and of course found all kinds of things. Everyone knows about cranberry juice helping a UTI, but I saw a mention of Echinacea, too. I had both cranberry pills and Echinacea at home, so I began taking 3 Echinacea and 6 cranberry pills each day. Sadly they seemed not to help. I also read something about drinking a 1/2 tsp of baking soda in a glass of water, and that it should help return your acidic urine to a reasonable pH for your body. I drank a glass yesterday...and well...no more screeching in pain when I pee! How amazing is that!?


(Update) After a more persistent UTI, I had been trying the baking soda trick every other day or so. I find that it is NOT a cure for a UTI, but does absolutely reduce the pain and discomfort associated with a typical UTI. If taken religiously during a UTI it may actually cure it, but I have yet to find that this is certain.



No comments:

Post a Comment